I hope everyone had a happy and safe Mardi Gras and that you all took advantage of the increase in quality canned beers to enjoy craft brew while out and about watching parades and such.
Couple of things:
- If you’re a homebrewer and shop at Brewstock, make sure to sign up for the 2012 Brewstock Buyers Club for free in order to accumulate points that will count toward discount on future purchases. It’s free to join, so don’t be a fool and pass this up!
- The gypsy brewer that created Stillwater Artisinal Brewing, Brian Strumke, will be in town to promote the release of his new beer, Kopsttotje, which is inspired by the Dutch tradition of beer to be served with a shot of Bols Genever (basically, a type of gin.) Oh, the Dutch. I love you and your ways! Anyway, you can meet Brian tonight at Cure from 5-7. Belloq from 11pm till late or tomorrow night at the Avenue Pub at 6pm. A very interesting tradition, and New Orleans is one of ten American cities to be chosen for this event!
- NOLA Brewing’s “Brewer’s Crack” (a delicious combination of Irish Channel Stout and Hopitoulous IPA) will be on cask on Friday, which is something that I, personally, will be looking forward to all week long. I remember last year’s cask got kicked within an hour and a half of tapping, so get there early!
- The dates of 2012’s American Craft Beer Week have been set, May 14-19. The Avenue Pub’s big tasting will be that Saturday the 19th. Stay tuned for announcements of events all over town!
- New Orleans International Beer Festival (previously known as Top of the Hops) will be at Champions Square on March 24.
That’s all the news fit to print so far on this dreary Monday morning. Let visions of beer get you through the day and the week…