Holy smokes, this Wednesday (12/7) is CHOCK FULL of awesome beer-vents, but as there are only so many hours in the day, I kinda wish they’d been staggered out through the week! Check it out:
- The Avenue Pub’s Anchor Steam Christmas Ale Vertical Tasting, starting at 7pm (though one can wander in throughout the entire evening, which is good BECAUSE also:)
- Down the street at The Irish House, NOLA Brewing will be debuting its Irish Channel Stout – the event runs from 6-9pm
- AND ALSO: Stein’s Annual Holiday Beer Class at Stein’s Deli and Market at 8:30 pm.
Here are some suggestions on how to hit all these events:
- (5:30-6:45) Hit the Irish House right after work, try some stout, talk with Kirk, Dylan, Melanie, Peter, and the gang. Maybe try to eat something.
- (6:45-8:15) Walk up the street to The Avenue Pub, order some food if you haven’t already done so at the Irish House, go upstairs to the Balcony, and enjoy Anchor’s Christmas ales from 2008 and 2009 on draft and try out this year’s version.
- (8:15-10:00) Get yourself over to Stein’s, settle in to drink and discuss some holiday beers. There will be some food available, so you’ll be covered there.
OR, you can take a chance that the Anchors will still be around Thursday or Friday and skip step 2, giving you a bit more wiggle room to enjoy the ICS release party.
OR, you can wait to try ICS at the Pub/Balcony on cask on Friday (12/9).
Lordy. Is there anything else happening on any other days this week? Or, gods forbid, anything else happening on Wednesday the 9th?